It sounds very alarming that majority of parents in the United States do not follow the requirements of having a baby car seat that jeopardizes their baby’s safety at the backseat of their cars despite the strict safety regulation implemented by the federal authority with regards to safe installation of baby car seats.
We are all aware the sensitive and delicate state of a baby that is why it is essential to follow the law to ensure the safety of the baby but it is also very important to choose the Best Infant Car Seat to make sure that the baby is well secured while you are on the road.
In this article let me help you in choosing the best quality infant car seat and what to look for before purchasing one.
- Usability- The baby car seat should provide ease of use for both the parent and baby. Good quality baby car seats that are easy to use are often rated by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. The higher the rating means it is durable and very safe for the baby to use.
- Seat base- The common baby car seats are made up of plastic that you will be installing inside your car while some parents purchase a second base inside the vehicle. This is in order to snap the car seat into the base and buckle the child up when you are ready to hit the road.
- Adjustability- Make sure that the harness, locks and other adjustable gears of the baby car seats must be easily adjusted because the baby grows within just months so it is necessary that a baby car seat is adjustable.
- Latch- The baby car seat you are planning to buy for your baby must have a latch system to ensure that the baby is properly tucked locked and secured at the back of the car so that whenever there is an accident happens, it only possesses minimal harm to the baby.
- Cleaning- As we all know baby messes anywhere, everywhere and this is a pretty hard task to make. Make sure that seat cover is removable and washable and on top of that make sure it is easy to clean.
- Comfort- Baby car seats should have enough cushioning to keep the baby comfortable. The cushion should be made of soft fabric or cotton to keep the baby from getting irritated. Also, make sure that the seat is properly positioned that goes naturally with the baby’s natural posture.
- Impact protection- There are car seats that have a special energy-absorbing foam and design to ensure the baby’s safety in case the vehicle figures in a vehicular accident. This kind of protection will make sure that the baby’s head and chest is protected from the sudden impact of the vehicle.